For some individuals, it takes more than treatment to break a substance abuse habit. Drug courts are special judicial branches that give drug offenders a choice of going to jail or getting clean. In Sherman, TX, individuals who choose rehab spend an entire year under the close supervision of the courts. The STAR Family Drug Court requires participants to attend regular therapy sessions, undergo frequent drug testing, finish their high school education, get a job and find housing. Programs like this give people a chance at rehabilitation from their drug habits and also a chance to break away from criminal activities.
The Beginnings of Recovery
Like those in the Sherman Drug Court, every substance abuser needs assistance to start over. Substance abuse treatment is the most common way for someone to start recovering. Below are some important points to keep in mind when considering treatment:
- It takes more than willpower to break a substance abuse habit.
- Treatment can begin anytime; however, early treatment is better than waiting for the individual to hit rock bottom.
- Breaking a substance abuse habit is difficult but not impossible if the individual receives the care and support they need.
- Entering into treatment does not have to be done voluntarily for it to be effective.
- A person who has been treated in the past and relapsed is not destined to a life of substance abuse. Since recovery is a process, these individuals can still benefit from treatment.
Rewards of Being Drug-Free
The rewards of substance abuse treatment are many, including better health, stronger relationships, and a more enjoyable life. To help someone in Sherman to start reaping these rewards today, call now.
Substance Abuse Council
201 S Travis St
Sherman, TX 75090-7110