Three of nine people arrested in a drug bust in the fall of 2013 were from Lima, Ohio. The group was arrested on charges of trafficking marijuana, prescription drugs and cocaine.
Though it may come as a relief to local residents that these people are no longer on the streets increasing the drug problem in Lima, those who are living with a loved one who is struggling with addiction will find little solace. For every drug dealer who is arrested, another quickly takes his or her place, and those who are seeking illicit substances will always be able to find it.
The best solution to the problem of addiction on a personal level is to recognize that the issue is a medical disorder and seek the evidence-based psychotherapeutic treatment necessary to overcome it as soon as possible.
Can Addiction Be Overcome by Willpower Alone?
Unfortunately, because addiction is a disease that is medical in nature, altering the function of the brain and lowering the ability of the person to control impulse behavior, it is not something that someone can beat just by willing it to be.
Instead, methodical and intentional treatment must be applied to each patient on a case-by-case basis with regular monitoring and constant support to help ensure the most effective and rapid progress possible. This occurs when a drug rehab program offers the following:
- Diagnostic evaluations to identify any and all issues obstructing the path to sobriety
- Intensive traditional therapies like personal therapy and group therapy sessions
- A wide range of holistic treatment options like acupuncture, yoga and more
- Access to cutting-edge medical and psychotherapeutic treatment applicable to their personal needs
- Care for co-occurring disorders (e.g., depression, anxiety, etc.)
- Ongoing support after treatment
Learn More About Positive Treatment Options
One phone call can connect you to a wealth of drug rehab information that will help you find the best possible treatment program for your Lima loved one. Call today to begin.
608 W High St
Lima, OH 45801-4706