A statewide drug summit in New Mexico in 2013 focused on prescription medications. Officials from across the state gathered to address this problem and talk about its prevention. New Mexico has the highest drug overdose rate in the entire country. In addition, prescription drug overdoses outnumber all other drug overdoses combined. Officials in towns like Roswell, NM, are taking this problem very seriously and working with others to find solutions to this serious health problem.
Treatment and Recovery
Recovery from drug and alcohol abuse is a difficult, yet rewarding process. Many former substance abusers across the nation have been able to start new lives after completing a drug rehab program. And while the process of recovery may seem daunting or impossible at first, becoming free from substance abuse can be a reality. Below are some helpful things to keep in mind when going through recovery from substance abuse:
- Prioritize. Make recovery a priority and do everything possible to be free from drugs or alcohol.
- One day at a time. Take each phase of recovery as it comes and do as much as you can in each phase.
- Talk. Share your difficulties with loved ones who can support you.
- Make lifestyle changes. Break away from relationships and activities that revolve around substance abuse.
- Get healthy. Find a physical activity or exercise that you enjoy, eat healthier, and make choices that will improve physical wellbeing.
Breaking the Destructive Cycle
To help a loved one in Roswell break the destructive cycle of drug or alcohol abuse and move toward recovery, call and talk to an admissions coordinator today. Learn how substance abuse treatment can help them begin the process of recovery.
200 E Van Buren St
Roswell, NM 88203-5627