The growing abuse of drugs in America has led officials to try many strategies to fight this problem. Drug courts are one tool that have been used for over a decade in New Jersey. The state has one of the most comprehensive drug court programs in the nation. These courts focus on low-level offenders whose crime is connected to drugs or who have drug problems. Offering drug treatment, these courts give these individuals continual oversight throughout the recovery process. A planned expansion of the state’s drug court system means that more offenders in towns like Hackensack, NJ, may be able to stay out of prison while also getting clean and sober.
Treatment is one of the few ways to help an individual break away from substance abuse. When looking into care options for a loved one, some principles of treatment should be kept in mind:
- Different methods are used to treat substance abuse; not every method works for everyone.
- Substance abuse is a complex problem; treatment takes time and effort.
- The individual’s treatment must last for an adequate amount of time.
- Treatment is multifaceted. Counseling, behavioral therapies, and medications are frequently combined to meet the individual’s needs.
- The individual’s treatment program should be monitored and adjusted to meet their developing needs.
- Detoxification is often just the first step in recovery. Completion of a detox program alone does not always lead to recovery.
The Beginnings of Recovery
To help a loved one in Hackensack to get started on the road to recovery from substance abuse, call us at the phone number above today. Help them take the first steps toward a new life without alcohol or drugs.
Center For Alcohol & Drug
241 Main St # 600
Hackensack, NJ 07601-5710