Peabody Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
A former Peabody, MA high school baseball star knows just how much work it takes to become free from substance abuse. Having played baseball professionally for a number of years, Jeff Allison also struggled with heroin and prescription painkiller abuse during that same period. His addictions almost cost him his career, as well as his life, more than once. Allison now hopes that his life story will help prevent young people from experimenting with drugs.
Keys to Treating Substance Abuse
Overcoming substance abuse is a difficult task that usually involves a number of components. It requires effort on the part of the individual, and the support of loved ones also plays a big role in successful recovery. Some other keys to an effective treatment program include:
- Avoid “one size fits all” treatment programs.
- Detox is important, but it is only a step in the treatment process, not a treatment unto itself.
- Treatment should address all of the individual’s needs, not just substance abuse issues.
- Treatment must last for an adequate amount of time, which will differ for each individual.
- Behavioral therapies are necessary components of treatment.
- The treatment program is not set in stone and must leave room for periodic evaluations and readjustments that may be necessary throughout the length of the program.
- Existing mental health issues should also be addressed.
Starting the Process of Recovery
If someone close to you in Peabody is struggling with drug and alcohol abuse or addiction, they can overcome it. The process of recovery can begin today when you call and take the first step. Speak to an admissions coordinator to learn more about treatment programs that will be able to help your loved one conquer substance abuse.
200 Lake St # 102
//php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Rehab International is a service provided by Foundations Recovery Network. As part of the Foundations Recovery Network, our goal is to provide science-based treatments to individuals suffering from issues of addiction and mental illness.
When you call you will be connected to a member of the Foundations Recovery Network who will assist in providing you with any questions you may have regarding the treatment process.
The treatment directory on Rehab International is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed or edited please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.
JCAHO The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) is the national evaluation and certifying agency for health care organization and programs in the United States. JCAHO strives to improve health care for the public. FRN is proud to be affiliated with several JCAHO accredited facilities.
We're here to help, 24/7. Please call: