Having to rebuild one’s life after “The Great Deluge” has been a tremendous challenge for many who call New Orleans home. Some have turned to drugs or alcohol as a means of coping of with the physical and psychological pain that they endured as a result of this natural disaster. New Orleans alcohol and drug rehab centers have helped these men and women overcome their addiction – and go on to rebuilding their lives in the healthiest ways possible.
Five Things to Know about New Orleans Drug and Alcohol Rehab
There are several things that everyone should know before choosing a Louisiana rehab center in the New Orleans area.
• New Orleans drug and alcohol rehab takes time to complete. Most programs run between one and three months.
• Insurance companies may cover the cost of treatment. Although many New Orleans residents may feel rebuffed by the insurance industry, more and more carriers are now covering all or a portion of the cost of addiction treatment.
• Detox is NOT rehab. Although drug detoxification plays a crucial role in the overall rehabilitation of the individual, men and women must also complete counseling if they are to enjoy long-term sobriety.
• The right attitude is important. Individuals who enter into a drug addiction treatment program with a positive mind-set enjoy a better chance at achieving recovery than those who fight back against the very people who are trying to help them.
• There are three main types of addiction counseling. An individual who enters into a New Orleans rehabilitation program are likely to part in at least one of the following types of treatment: individual (one on one sessions with a therapist), group (with other recovering addicts in the program) and family (with loved ones who have been affected by the individual’s addiction).
1040 Calhoun St
New Orleans, LA 70118-5914
Council On Alcohol & Drug
3520 General Degaulle Dr #5010
New Orleans, LA 70114-4015
Grace House Of New Orleans Inc
1401 Delachaise St
New Orleans, LA 70115-3520