District of Columbia Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
Find Addiction Treatment Centers in District of Columbia
Few areas of the country have been as ravaged by drugs than the District of Columbia.
Up and down the streets of our nation’s capital there are constant reminders of the social effects brought on by cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin and other drugs.
In a region with no shortage of unwanted leading drug statistics, consider the following:
- According to the US Department of Justice, the use and sale of crack cocaine, powder cocaine and heroin continue to rise in the District of Columbia (despite the fact that these numbers have fallen in the rest of the country over the past several years).
- Although not a prominent drug in the rest of the country, PCP continues to be a problem among younger drug users in the District of Columbia.
- Recent years have seen a rebirth in open-air drug dealing on city streets in the District of Columbia, despite the proximity of these urban areas to the nation’s capital.
Who Can Benefit from Alcohol and Drug Treatment in the District of Columbia?
Any individual who has come to terms with their drug or alcohol addiction can benefit greatly from a rehab program. For those who are ready to make a change, a rehab program provides a road map for that change, and accompanies the individual through all the “twists and turns” along the way.
Alcohol and drug rehab programs throughout the District specialize in helping those with:
- Alcohol addiction (or “Alcoholism”)
- Cocaine addiction and crack cocaine addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Vicodin addiction, OxyContin addiction and other painkiller addictions
- Marijuana addiction
- Crystal meth addiction
- And many other forms of substance abuse
The Difference Between Residential and Outpatient District of Columbia Rehab
While many of the programs and services offered in both residential and outpatient alcohol and drug rehab are the same, there are several significant differences between the two. First, residential rehab programs provide the individual with a chance to leave home, and stay for an extended period of time in a more controlled environment where all they need to focus on is their recovery. Outpatient programs, on the other hand, allow the individual to return home at the end of every day.
What Kind of Counseling goes on in D.C. Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
In individual counseling, the recovering addict meets with their assigned professional for some intense, solution-oriented one-on-one time. Topics of conversation during these sessions include the root causes of the individual’s addiction and strategies for recovery success. In group counseling, the individual meets with a group of other individuals from the rehab program in a forum setting. During these group counseling sessions, individuals are urged to share stories of their alcohol and drug addiction and support their peers with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
The treatment facility directory on Rehab International is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed or edited please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.