Rehab Treatment Info
Some of the top drug and alcohol rehabs in the United States are located in Palm Springs, California. Here, in Southern California, the top substance abuse treatment professionals, the most cutting-edge treatments and progressive holistic therapeutic practices all combine in spa-like facilities to provide luxury addiction treatment to patients fighting cocaine addiction, prescription drug addiction, heroin addiction, alcoholism and more. (See related: Palm Desert Addiction Treatment Centers).
Types of Rehab Treatment
There are a number of different types of Palm Springs rehab and addiction treatment options available for those who are ready to begin – or continue – the process of healing after addiction. Some of the most popular include:
- Holistic rehab. Holistic drug and alcohol rehab programs offer traditional treatment modules like 12-step treatment in addition to a wide range of alternative treatments and therapies. Western treatment and Eastern philosophies come together to create a unique treatment plan for patients to explore.
- Traditional rehab. Based on the 12 steps and traditions, many Palm Springs drug rehab programs are based on the same principles found at Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings. Proven effective for years, many find benefits from this approach.
- Gender–specific rehab. Many rehab programs in Palm Springs cater to one gender or the other while almost all residential addiction treatment centers provide separate living quarters for men and women in order to give them the emotional space they need to work through their treatment programs.
Which type of Palm Springs rehab treatment is right for you?
Call for More Rehab Treatment Info Today
Learn more about your addiction treatment options in Southern California. Contact us at the phone number listed above to determine which type of Palm Springs drug and alcohol rehab program will work best for you.
Protestors gathered in Palm Springs, CA in an effort to stop the closure of a medical marijuana dispensary. Though marijuana is legal for medical use in California, federal law and strict regulation have caused a number of dispensaries to close over the past few years as owners struggle to maintain their bottom line despite all the constraints. This particular dispensary, however, was served by the City of Palm Springs with notice to close. They have been cracking down in recent months in an effort to “clean up” the city. It’s a noble goal and one that can be replicated on a personal level by opting for drug abuse and treatment services when chronic drug abuse becomes problematic.
Abuse vs. Addiction
It’s not always easy to tell when a loved one has crossed the line from abuse of a drug into the area of addiction. Both may be problematic, but those who have a drug abuse problem may be able to moderate or stop the behavior on their own. Addiction, on the other hand, is a medical disorder that requires medical and therapeutic intervention and treatment. Addiction is characterized by:
- Cravings for the drug of choice
- Withdrawal symptoms when without the drug
- An inability to stop using for any length of time
- Continued abuse of illicit substances despite negative consequences
Personalized Treatment Is Available Today
If your Palm Springs loved one is struggling with dependence upon any drug, including alcohol, you can facilitate their enrollment in a drug rehab that offers a treatment program that is tailored to meet their needs. Call now to speak to an admissions coordinator who can assist you.
Back to California Addiction Rehab Centers