Vicodin is the most abused prescription drug in the United States. Designed to help individuals cope with pain as a result of injury or surgery, the euphoric effects of Vicodin have made it the “drug of choice” among individuals as diverse as teenagers and senior citizens. Long-term potential health problems, and the constant risk of overdose have made Vicodin a top priority at addiction treatment centers. This Vicodin rehab guide is designed to help men and women get the information they need about their addiction, Vicodin rehab basics – and potential treatment options. There are many various Vicodin rehab dos and dont’s which can be found here as well.
How Does Addiction Begin?
Many people will start using Vicodin for completely legitimate reasons. They were likely prescribed the drug by a doctor and told to use it, as needed, until their pain subsided. For many however, the opiate is hard to give up. They find themselves lying to their doctors about ongoing pain in order to obtain more and more of the drug. They may even steal Vicodin from another person’s medicine cabinet or order it illegally over the Internet.
What are the Signs and Symptoms that Treatment is Needed?
There are a number of telltale signs and symptoms that you or a loved one has fallen victim to a Vicodin addiction. Consider the following classic signs of Vicodin dependence:
- Strong cravings for Vicodin
- Building a tolerance to Vicodin (so that it takes more and more of the drug over time to achieve the desired euphoric effects.
- “Doctor shopping” or other unethical behavior to obtain more of the drug
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these symptoms, contact a professional and get some Vicodin rehab help immediately.
Paying for Rehabilitation
In a perfect world, there would be no cost attached to the lifesaving treatment individuals receive at a drug rehab center for Vicodin addiction. In reality however, Vicodin rehab costs can be very high – with some of the best luxury drug rehab programs costing thousands of dollars per month to attend.
This is a difficult situation, as many men and women living with Vicodin addiction will loot their family savings – or spend all their money on what is actually a very expensive drug to obtain.
To help, more and more and insurance companies are offering coverage for Vicodin rehab insurance. Insurance for Vicodin rehab can help pay some or all of the cost of treatment. Private financing through a drug rehab center is another way of helping families gain their financial footing as the individual achieves recovery and regains control of her life.
What Happens at a Rehab Center?
Although all Vicodin rehab programs are different, there are several core processes that can be found at almost all of them. These include detox, counseling, aftercare and occasionally there are specifically Vicodin rehab for women centers.
- Detox. The first step in achieving recovery is overcoming the physical addiction to Vicodin. This is achieved through Vicodin rehab detox. Detoxification gives the body a chance to cleanse itself of harmful toxins associated with the drug. Because Vicodin is a powerful opiate, this process may include strong withdrawal symptoms. Detox generally takes a couple of weeks to complete – depending upon the depth of the individual’s addiction.
- Addiction counseling. Counseling is the heart of almost every drug rehab program. Vicodin counseling helps the individual better understand the reasons they started using these pills, and teaches them how to respond more positively to the “triggers” in the environment that once brought about Vicodin abuse. There are three major types of counseling for Vicodin addiction: individual, group and family therapy.
- Aftercare. Once the drug rehab program is complete, the individual still faces a number of challenges in the outside world. Without the help of aftercare, it is all too easy for the individual to relapse into Vicodin addiction. Common, effective aftercare can include follow-up counseling, Narcotics Anonymous meetings and sober living homes. All, in their own way, provide accountability, support and stability during this transition time.
The Importance of Treatment
Vicodin is just a small white pill – but inside is the power to control an individual’s life. Those who become addicted to Vicodin will soon put everything in their life on hold in order to obtain and consume more of this prescription painkiller. And when it comes time to quit, even the smartest, most strong willed individuals will find that they relapse repeatedly when they attempt to give up the drug on their own.
Vicodin drug rehab programs provide a combination of care, support and treatment that is unmatched. There are eve teen Vicodin rehab centers now enabling the youth to better themselves before an addiction starts or gets worse. It is simply the most effective way to get clean – and stay that way for years to come. Here are some Vicodin rehab statistics if you are interested.