Albuquerque Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
Synthetic drugs can creep into any home due in part to the fact that so few people know what they look like, smell like or recognize the slang terms for them. Across the country, people are dealing with this unexpected killer, like the residents of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The best way to handle it? Immediate drug and alcohol abuse intervention and treatment.
Spice Back on the Shelves in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Despite an emergency scheduling by the DEA that made it illegal in 2010, the synthetic drug known as spice is back on the shelves in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Designed to mimic the effects of marijuana, spice is marketed to teens and young adults with names like K2, Blonde, Pink XXX, Red Dong and others. Sold as incense, it is marked as “not for human consumption,” but most sellers will tell those who ask that it can be smoked out of a pipe. It’s a fine line; certain chemicals in spice were made illegal in New Mexico in March 2012, but as long as it is not sold to be ingested, then sellers can get away with keeping it on the shelves.
What are the issues with spice? There are many:
- Physical health problems. Many have been hospitalized after using spice.
- No regulation. There could be anything in spice since there is no oversight in place for its production.
- Little information. There is little known about the effects of spice – on different people, in different amounts, in combination with other drugs – and no documentation about its long-term effects on users.
- Legal problems. Being under the influence of this drug is illegal, as it is for other illicit substances.
Synthetic Drug Abuse Is Dangerous: Don’t Take the Risk
If the abuse of drugs like spice is a problem for you or someone you love in Albuquerque, NM, don’t wait to find the right drug rehab. Contact us today for assistance.
Return to New Mexico Drug Treatment Listings.
209 San Mateo Blvd NE
(505) 262-1538 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
110605 Menaul Blvd NE
(505) 292-1067 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
218 Broadway Blvd SE
(505) 242-6988 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Lovelace Behavioral Health
601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr
(505) 727-8855 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
New Mexico Monitored Treatment
11930 Menaul Blvd NE # 110
(505) 271-0800 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Rehab International is a service provided by Foundations Recovery Network. As part of the Foundations Recovery Network, our goal is to provide science-based treatments to individuals suffering from issues of addiction and mental illness.
When you call you will be connected to a member of the Foundations Recovery Network who will assist in providing you with any questions you may have regarding the treatment process.
The treatment directory on Rehab International is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed or edited please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.
JCAHO The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) is the national evaluation and certifying agency for health care organization and programs in the United States. JCAHO strives to improve health care for the public. FRN is proud to be affiliated with several JCAHO accredited facilities.
We're here to help, 24/7. Please call: 877-345-3281