Galveston Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
With the increasing abuse of prescription drugs across the nation, the state of Texas is taking steps to reduce the risk associated with non-medical use of these medications. Last summer, the Texas Department of Public Safety launched a prescription drug monitoring program called Prescription Access in Texas (PAT). This new online system, an update of the 1982 Texas Prescription Program, allows 24-hour access to the database.
The goal of this updated system is to allow healthcare professionals and law enforcement officials to quickly and easily identify the potential abuse of prescription drugs. It will also highlight patients involved in doctor shopping and prescription forging as well as physicians who may be involved in prescribing these drugs improperly and illegally.
Substance abuse may not always be evident at first glance. The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX lists some common signs of drug abuse to judge whether or not someone may be abusing drugs:
- Getting high on drugs or getting intoxicated on a regular basis
- Lying, especially about drug or alcohol use
- Avoiding friends and family
- Cessation of previously enjoyable activities – sports, hobbies or spending time with friends
- Talking a lot about using drugs or alcohol
- Using or drinking as a primary source of fun
- Pressuring others to use or drink
- Legal troubles
- Risky behavior including sexual risks or driving under the influence
- Declining performance and increased absences at work or school
- Depressed, hopeless or suicidal feelings
Drug abuse is a serious health issue that can have deadly consequences. If you suspect that someone you know in Galveston is struggling with substance abuse, there are ways to help them. Call this number to learn more.
Alcohol Drug Abuse Women’s Center
201 1st St
(409) 763-5516 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Gulf Coast Center
123 Rosenberg St
(409) 944-4337 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Rehab International is a service provided by Foundations Recovery Network. As part of the Foundations Recovery Network, our goal is to provide science-based treatments to individuals suffering from issues of addiction and mental illness.
When you call you will be connected to a member of the Foundations Recovery Network who will assist in providing you with any questions you may have regarding the treatment process.
The treatment directory on Rehab International is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed or edited please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.
JCAHO The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) is the national evaluation and certifying agency for health care organization and programs in the United States. JCAHO strives to improve health care for the public. FRN is proud to be affiliated with several JCAHO accredited facilities.
We're here to help, 24/7. Please call: 877-345-3281