Oregon Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
Find Addiction Treatment Centers in Oregon
One of the most beautiful locations in the country is unfortunately also home to one of the fastest growing drugs problems in the United States.
Cocaine, heroin, crystal meth and marijuana are all used extensively in Oregon, and have created a social and health crisis for law enforcement and health care professionals there.
The biggest cities in Oregon are home to the most prominent alcohol and drug rehab facilities. Cities such as Salem, Bend, Portland and Eugene offer residents a wide variety of outpatient and residential treatment programs to choose from. However, in order to select the most appropriate rehab program, and therefore stand the highest chance for recovery success, individuals need to know the difference between the most common forms of alcohol and drug rehab.
Oregon Residential Alcohol and Drug Treatment
Oregon residents – and individuals from all over the world – choose its residential rehab programs because they are often set in peaceful, out of the way areas where it is much easier to focus on one’s recovery. That is one of the primary reasons people choose a residential program over an outpatient facility: sometimes, there’s just too much temptation at home, around the office or in the old neighborhood.
Residential program offer myriad other benefits, of course, including:
- On site alcohol and drug detox (found in most programs)
- Much needed structure and supervision provided round the clock
- Opportunities to find support in one’s peer groups through living and attending programs together.
Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Oregon
Not all recovery however, happens at a residential rehab facility. Thousands of people find the help they need at Oregon outpatient alcohol and drug rehab.
Outpatient facilities offer many of the same programs found in their residential cousins, including:
- Alcohol and drug detox (where applicable)
- Individual and group counseling
- After-care counseling and related-programs
The major difference between the two types of programs is that outpatient rehab allows the individual to go home at the end of the every day. The individual will have to sacrifice some of the benefits of living in a facility that tends to their needs 24/7, but in exchange, they will have the ability to be near family and friends during the program, and even maintain some level of work or school if need be.
Specialized Addiction Treatment Centers in Oregon
There are also several different types of programs throughout Oregon that work with those who have special needs when it comes to addiction. They include:
- Dual diagnosis rehab – Individuals who suffer from both a mental illness AND an addiction to drugs or alcohol are considered to have a “Dual Diagnosis.” To receive the proper treatment for both these conditions, individuals are advised to find a rehab facility that provides integrated care – both psychiatric and addiction counseling – all under one roof.
- Oregon alcohol and drug rehab for women – Studies have shown that women become addicted for different reasons than men and therefore require specialized treatment. Women’s rehab facilities are experts in providing women suffering from addiction with the appropriate treatment styles to ensure their recovery.
- Baker City
- Central Point
- Cottage Grove
- Forest Grove
- Gold Beach
- Grand Ronde
- Grants Pass
- Hood River
- John Day
- King City
- Klamath Falls
- La Grande
- Lincoln City
- Milton Freewater
- North Bend
- Saint Helens
- Sweet Home
- The Dalles
The treatment facility directory on Rehab International is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed or edited please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.