North Dakota Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
Find Addiction Treatment Centers in North Dakota
The US Department of Justice recently released a national study on the state-by-state trafficking and use of illicit substances.
The following were highlights of the report’s finding on North Dakota:
- The sale and use of methamphetamines are the primary concern of law enforcement in the state, overtaking cocaine as the most widely used drug in the state.
- North Dakota meth is brought in across state lines and made in rural areas using homemade labs.
- There is also a considerable marijuana problem in North Dakota, due in large part to the high-grade form of the drug that is smuggled illegally across the Canadian border.
North Dakota Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
North Dakota is home to a limited number of alcohol and drug rehab centers (due to the small population) but the facilities that are present are excellent and staffed by some of the most dedicated, caring professionals in the industry.
The state has hundreds of residential and outpatient rehab centers. In residential rehab, North Dakota residents are asked to move into the facility for an extended period of time (usually thirty days) so that they can focus solely on their addiction recovery. Outpatient rehab gives individuals the freedom to maintain work and school responsibilities, and also provides a way to be close to their support structure (family and friends) during the process.
Rehab is all about counseling. The most important aspect of rehab is counseling. Both residential and outpatient rehab feature individual and group counseling to help individuals:
- Address the root causes of their addiction
- Develop strategies for overcoming their addiction
- Talk openly and honestly about their recovery
- Make better decisions in the future regarding substance abuse
Many North Dakota rehab facilities include alcohol or drug detox as an integral part of the program. Detox is the first step towards recovery. During detox (or “detoxification”) an individual will stop taking the drug(s) in question and give the harmful toxins a chance to leave their system. This is when withdrawal symptoms occur – which can lead to discomfort and anxiety for several days during the process.
Understanding the Differences Between North Dakota Addiction Treatment Centers
There are primary types of rehab centers found in North Dakota: residential and outpatient. Residential addiction treatment has the individual move into a facility full time so that they may focus solely and intently on their recovery. For those unable to make this level of time commitment, there are also outpatient rehab centers. Outpatient care has the individual attending treatment during the day and early evening, and then returning home (or to a sober living facility) in the evening.
Find Treatment in North Dakota