Lansing is not only the capital of Michigan, but home to 455,000 residents in it’s metropolitan area, and the discouraging news, is that one out of ten of its residents have problems with alcohol and drug abuse. This is unfortunately becoming the norm for this area. Lansing addiction drug rehab centers can and will turn their lives to the path of a sober life, and brighter future. Michigan rehabs are well known and have helped many different people.
Types Of Lansing Drug and Alcohol Rehab
The two most common forms of Lansing rehab are inpatient and outpatient care.
• Inpatient – Some people need more help than others when it comes to kicking the habit of binge drinking. A concentrated system with the aid of medical and psychological professionals helping them to go through the painstaking detox process is what is necessary to make sure they live a clean, and alcohol free life again.
• Outpatient – Some people see the writing on the wall, and come to grips with the reality that a sober life is the only life to lead. Fortunately they have had the moment of clarity to catch their addiction before it has gone to far. These fortunate few can still hold their personal and professional life together, while seeking help through a flexible schedule of outpatient recovery.
Murder, Embezzlement: Crimes Due to Drug Addiction Plague Lansing, MI
Across the country, prisons are packed to the rafters with people who have committed crimes due to a drug addiction. Lansing, Michigan is no different, and a number of residents are finding themselves facing jail time when what they need is drug rehab.
A double homicide, embezzlement – these are just a couple of cases that have been in the press in Lansing, MI that are a direct result of someone’s untreated drug addiction. The number of crimes committed and the resulting cost to the community, in terms of law enforcement, court fees and jail time, is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the loss that results due to drug addiction.
Other losses incurred by people who don’t get the help they need to overcome addiction include:
- Health problems. Chronic ailments and acute issues can both result when drug abuse and addiction are issues.
- Financial loss. It’s almost impossible to maintain employment when you are living with a drug addiction – and with little money coming in, it’s hard to pay the ever increasing drug bill.
- Relationship issues. Few relationships fare well when one or both parties are addicted to drugs.
- Lack of focus and goal setting. When drug addiction is present, it’s the only thought and focus, leaving little room for anything else.
What Happens After Lansing Alcohol and Drug Treatment is Over?
Taking the right step toward Alcoholic Anonymous (AA), and joining forces with a group of people whose sole purpose is to be sober, is a big push toward preventing a relapse. These 12 step groups are just one of the aftercare methods that help individuals respond to triggers and stressors that once brought about drug or alcohol use.
1915 E Michigan Ave # D
(517) 377-1444 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Child & Family Services-Capital
4287 Five Oaks Dr
(517) 882-4000 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Community Mental Health Board
812 E Jolly Rd # G10
(517) 346-8200 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
3400 S Cedar St # 200
(517) 887-0226 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Lansing Teen Challenge
510 W Willow St
(517) 484-6050 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Mothers Against Drunk Driving
701 W Jolly Rd
(517) 487-6233 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Reality Counseling Services
610 E Grand River Ave
(517) 484-4997 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>