Worcester Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
Do you have an older family member living in Worcester, Massachusetts who is fighting drug and alcohol abuse? Denial may be stopping them from getting the help they need to heal. See also: Boston Drug Rehabs.
Drug Addiction Is Not Just an Affliction of the Young in Massachusetts
Baby boomers now range in age from 48 to 66, and it’s this age group that is experiencing an increase in drug and alcohol abuse in Massachusetts, according to the Worcester Telegram and Gazette. Some statistics reported include:
- Illicit drug use was a problem between 2006 and 2008 for 9.3 percent of those between the ages of 50 and 54, 6.9 percent of those between 55 and 59, 4.4 percent for those between 60 and 62, and 1.2 percent of those over the age of 65.
- Marijuana abuse is a rising problem as well, afflicting more than six percent of those between 50 and 54, more than four percent of those between 55 and 59, about 2.4 percent of those between 60 and 64, and less than half a percent of those over 65.
- Nonmedical abuse of prescription drugs is an issue for more than three percent of those between 50 and 59, two percent of those between 60 and 64, and less than one percent of those over the age of 65.
Some believe these numbers are only the tip of the iceberg. Drug and alcohol abuse among those who are older is not often easy to identify for a number of reasons.
One of those reasons is that few older adults are stepping forward and seeking treatment when drug and alcohol abuse becomes an issue. In fact, many who are older view drinking and the use of prescription drugs as harmless. They don’t have to go to work, and they have no children to care for so they believe there’s nothing wrong with a little indulgence. Unfortunately, the toxicity of a few drinks multiplies exponentially in older adults, and health issues and a decreased quality of life can more quickly become the result.
Help Older Adults You Love in MA to Fight Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Contact us today to learn how we can help you match your family member in Worcester, MA to a treatment program that can help them avoid abuse of alcohol and other substances.
Ad Care Inc
5 Northampton St
(508) 757-4199 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
100 Grove St # 314
(508) 752-9000 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
72 Jaques Ave
(508) 860-1200 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
P I P Shelter Inc
701 Main St
(508) 757-0103 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Spectrum Health Systems
10 Mechanic St # 302
(508) 792-5400 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Spectrum Health Systems Inc
105 Merrick St
(508) 797-6100 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Rehab International is a service provided by Foundations Recovery Network. As part of the Foundations Recovery Network, our goal is to provide science-based treatments to individuals suffering from issues of addiction and mental illness.
When you call you will be connected to a member of the Foundations Recovery Network who will assist in providing you with any questions you may have regarding the treatment process.
The treatment directory on Rehab International is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed or edited please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.
JCAHO The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) is the national evaluation and certifying agency for health care organization and programs in the United States. JCAHO strives to improve health care for the public. FRN is proud to be affiliated with several JCAHO accredited facilities.
We're here to help, 24/7. Please call: 877-345-3281