Gaithersburg Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
The abuse of prescription drugs such as opioid painkillers has become a serious problem across the country. Many individuals become hooked on these medications after being prescribed them by a doctor for valid medical reasons. Other people begin using these drugs recreationally with the mistaken belief that they are safer than illicit drugs like heroin or cocaine because they come from a doctor. Although opioid-related deaths in Maryland towns like Gaithersburg may have gone down slightly in the past two years, these drugs still pose a public health threat.
Prevalence of Abuse
The Maryland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration provides some statistics detailing this increased abuse of prescription painkillers over the past 15 years:
- Between 1997 and 2007, there was a 402-percent increase in the prescription of medications that have abuse potential, medications prescribed for the treatment of pain, anxiety and other disorders.
- Fatal opioid-related overdoses tripled between 1999 and 2006, more overdoses than heroin and cocaine combined.
- In 2009, drug overdoses became the number one cause of unintentional death due to increases in prescription drug-related overdoses.
- Maryland’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner reported that 55 percent of “intoxication” deaths in 2010 involved a prescription opioid.
- In the fiscal years 2007 through 2012, calls to Maryland Poison Center for exposure to oxycodone, an opioid painkiller, rose by more than 250 percent.
Moving Towards Recovery
A life of drug abuse is a dangerous life to live, one which can lead to an untimely death. If you know someone in Gaithersburg, MD who is struggling with substance abuse, there are treatment options available to get them on a path to recovery. Call us now to learn more about getting help.
Circle Treatment Center
424 N Frederick Ave # 8a
(301) 258-2626 //php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'rnklb_phone', true);?>
Rehab International is a service provided by Foundations Recovery Network. As part of the Foundations Recovery Network, our goal is to provide science-based treatments to individuals suffering from issues of addiction and mental illness.
When you call you will be connected to a member of the Foundations Recovery Network who will assist in providing you with any questions you may have regarding the treatment process.
The treatment directory on Rehab International is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed or edited please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.
JCAHO The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) is the national evaluation and certifying agency for health care organization and programs in the United States. JCAHO strives to improve health care for the public. FRN is proud to be affiliated with several JCAHO accredited facilities.
We're here to help, 24/7. Please call: 877-345-3281