Luxury rehab centers employ staff members who are willing and able to cater to individuals accustomed to a luxurious lifestyle.
Resident assistant, therapists and clinicians are well-versed in the language of high-end living. Upon arriving at a luxury rehab facility, patients undergo an intake assessment. The process helps team members to evaluate the patient’s physical and mental state upon entry, using the results as a benchmark for subsequent progress. A treatment regimen is designed around the patient’s needs, taking into account any outstanding medical issues.
How Much Does it Cost?
A typical luxury rehab facility can cost approximately $1,300 per day. Some luxury rehab centers offer patients a discount for the second 30-day treatment period if the first 30-day treatment period has been paid in full. Subsequent months include reduced rates. It is important to note that insurance companies rarely pay the full cost of a luxury rehab stint – Blue Cross and Blue Shield, for example, pay only $200 to $300 per day for a maximum of 30 consecutive days. Thus, luxury rehab patients incur the majority of costs personally.
What Separates Luxury Centers from the Rest?
Luxury rehab centers are labeled as such for a reason. They offer posh amenities in tranquil settings. Luxury rehab treatment centers go above and beyond the bread and butter of addiction treatment – detox, relapse prevention and aftercare – as they help patients heal from the inside out on a very visceral level. The premium they charge is derived from the following marginal increases in services and amenities as compared to average-priced rehab centers:
- A high staff-to-patient ratio. Many drug rehab centers accept a maximum of 12 patients at a time, and offer at least one private bedroom to accommodate patients who do not want to share the cost of room and board with a roommate. The number of staff members allows for a great deal of individualized attention to be placed on each patient.
- A high priority on protecting patient privacy. Luxury rehab centers have seen wealthy business executives, heiresses, celebrities and successful entrepreneurs filter through the premises. They understand the personal, sensitive reasons behind high net worth individuals wanting to safeguard their anonymity.
- Holistic options for recovery purposes that are calming, soothing and healing, such as aromatherapy, massage therapy, herbal wraps, hot stone massages, reflexology, on-site saunas and Jacuzzis.
- Gourmet chefs on-site to prepare nutritious, balanced meals on a daily basis.
- Personal trainers, yoga instructors, hiking guides and other athletic venues.
- An increased level of patient input on options such as meal preference and “extra” activity choices. They also give patients the discretion to use personal electronic devices during pre-specified periods of the day.
- Links to additional resources, such as diagnostic psychiatric tests, life coach assessments, nail and makeup artists and dream analysts.
- On-site tutoring, counseling, academic courses or career-bolstering lectures, depending on the luxury rehab facility.
- Transportation to and from 12-step meetings. Although this is provided at many average-priced rehab facilities, luxury rehab facilities transport clients in style – Escalades, SUVs and other sleek vessels are used to take clients where they need to be.
- Flexibility in terms of specific patient needs. For example, the Chief Executive Officer of a Fortune 500 company comes into the rehab center, but needs to leave on two separate weekends for business engagements. The rehab facility provides him with a sober companion to accompany him on both trips, and an exception is made for him in terms of their written policy on patients coming and going from the facility.
- “Extra” activities offered, such as salon trips, field trips, ocean swims, kayak trips, gardening options, beach walks or acupuncture sessions.
- A rich appreciation for the arts; many luxury rehab facilities encourage patients to tap into their creative side, whether it be through artistic means or allowing patients to play musical instruments in their rooms.
While in a luxury rehab center, no request is too outrageous. The majority of luxury rehab centers are not surprised by extravagant requests or inclinations that reflect the high-end lifestyle patients are accustomed to. The best luxury rehab centers have pinpointed a perfect balance between strictness and flexibility, lavishness and necessity, and respect and humility, the best luxury rehab benefits available.
Rehab International is a service provided by Foundations Recovery Network. As part of the Foundations Recovery Network, our goal is to provide science-based treatments to individuals suffering from issues of addiction and mental illness.
When you call you will be connected to a member of the Foundations Recovery Network who will assist in providing you with any questions you may have regarding the treatment process.
The treatment directory on Rehab International is created using resources made available in the public domain. If you would like a listing removed or edited please contact us. If you are trying to reach a resource listing on one of the pages, please contact them directly through their website or contact information provided.
JCAHO The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) is the national evaluation and certifying agency for health care organization and programs in the United States. JCAHO strives to improve health care for the public. FRN is proud to be affiliated with several JCAHO accredited facilities.
We're here to help, 24/7. Please call: 877-345-3281