Directory Alcohol and Drug Rehab Listings
Find Addiction Treatment Centers in Directory
How to Find the Right Rehab for Your Needs
Finding the right rehab for your needs starts with asking the right questions, both of yourself and of potential rehabilitation centers. Knowing what you need to heal and what will work with the specifics circumstances in your life is the essential first step. Making sure that the rehab you choose provides those things is the second step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should my rehab be located?+
No matter what, your rehab should be easily accessible. Whether you choose a program right down the street or across the country, you should easily be able to arrange transportation and get there as soon as possible.For some, it is a better fit to choose a rehab close to home, especially if they opt for outpatient treatment. The closer it is to home, the easier it is to show up for all required treatments and therapies, and the simpler it is for family members to incorporate supportive workshops and therapy sessions into their schedules.For others, leaving town for treatment is a better option. By putting space between you and the site of your addiction, you can gain the mental and emotional space you need to focus solely on your recovery.
What type of addiction treatment is right for me?+
There are a number of different types and styles of treatment available for you to choose from. The one that is right for you will depend upon your family situation, your health and your finances. Options include:
- Inpatient treatment. Considered the gold standard in drug rehab, this option is recommended for those who have been struggling with a long-term addiction, addiction to multiple substances, and/or a co-occurring mental health disorder in addition to addiction.
- Outpatient rehab. This is the best choice for those who have strong support at home, have lived with an active addiction for a short period, and/or have recently relapsed after inpatient rehab.
- Sober living. For those who have completed a drug rehab program, sober living provides long-term support for the transition from rehab into a sober lifestyle.
What questions should I ask before entering a rehab?+
Don’t waste time undergoing treatment at a drug rehab program that is unable to provide you with all the services you need to heal. Make sure that the program you choose is the right one for you before you enter by asking questions like this:
- Do you offer medical detox and medical support?
- How do you handle medications for chronic pain, mental health disorders and ongoing medical issues?
- What is included in the daily schedule?
- Do you provide an individualized treatment plan based on my medical and drug history?
- How often do you update that treatment plan to account for growth and progress?
- Can my family be included in my recovery? How?
- Will you work with my insurance company? Do you offer financing?
Additionally, it is recommended that you take a tour if possible – virtually or in person – and speak with a program director before you enroll.
What can I expect at drug treatment?+
From the moment you walk in the door until the day you leave, you can expect that your drug rehab program will provide you with a personalized treatment program designed to address your specific issues with your drugs of choice. For example, if you are struggling with anxiety in addition to Valium addiction, you will learn how to manage your anxiety without prescription drugs. If you are fighting an eating disorder as well as crystal meth addiction, you will learn how to have a functional relationship with food while also learning how to avoid relapse. As you go through the program, you should have one-on-one therapy sessions that give you the opportunity to provide feedback and check in, and your treatment plan should be adjusted if necessary.
What should I bring to Treatment?+
Pack according to the guidelines of your treatment center, and avoid obvious “no-nos.” For example, don’t pack drugs or alcohol of any kind, large amounts of cash, expensive jewelry or electronics. Pack enough clothes to get you through a week and outerwear suitable for the climate as well as a couple of personal items to remind you of home, like photographs and a book or journal.
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you find the right rehab for you, contact us. 877-345-3281.
Find Mental Health Treatment
You're not alone. We're here to help, 24/7. Please call: 877-345-3281