Despite the diminutive size of the state, Delaware is actually home to a significant drug problem.
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, the state has one of the highest violent crime rates in the country, much of which is attributed to the distribution, sale and consumption of illicit drugs.
Consider the following facts about the drug trade in Delaware
- Delaware is among the top five states for percentage of teens who use marijuana
- The state’s largest city, Wilmington is the target of high-profile drug sales organizations from Philadelphia and New York.
- The use of crack cocaine has risen in Delaware, even though it has fallen off in most states in the country.
Looking at the statistics, it is easy to see how this little state has a big problem when it comes to drugs.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Delaware
For individuals who have a chance to turn their lives around, there are Delaware alcohol and drug rehab facilities. Located in Wilmington and many other cities throughout the state, these programs offer motivated people an opportunity to defeat their substance abuse problems.
Among the most common reasons for admission into Delaware rehab are:
- Cocaine addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Marijuana addiction
- Crystal Meth addiction
- Teenage drug and alcohol abuse
- Dual diagnosis
Different types of Delaware Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers
Different people have different needs, and nowhere is this truer than in treatment for addiction recovery. The following information explains how different alcohol and drug rehab centers in Delaware serve their patients.
Outpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation in Delaware
Delaware outpatient rehab facilities give individuals an opportunity to take part in valuable programs that help overcome the psychological and physical aspects of addiction. Drug detoxification, counseling, after-care and other programs are all available in outpatient rehab, and at the end of the day, the individual is free to go home to their families, friends and other support structures.
Outpatient programs are perfect for those individuals who do not require round the clock care, or have school, family or work commitments that require them to maintain a presence at some point during the week.
Residential Alcohol and Drug Treatment in Delaware
Delaware residential rehab, on the other hand, takes people from their normal environment (one that may feature temptations, bad influences and other distractions that keep individuals addicted to drugs or alcohol) and places them in a safe environment where they can focus wholly on their recovery. Residential programs work wonders for those addicts who MUST leave the home environment in order to be successful, or have a problem serious enough that it requires non-stop supervision from medical professionals. It is worth noting than many of the programs found in residential alcohol and drug rehab can also be found in outpatient programs as well.
Specialized Delaware Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
Many Delaware residents require specialized treatment for the alcohol or drug addiction. To cater to their needs, several different types of treatment facilities are available:
- Dual diagnosis treatment – For individuals suffering from co-occurring mental illness and addiction.
- Women’s rehab – Treats the unique causes of addiction in women and helps them find solutions to the physical and psychiatric issues that accompany their substance abuse issues.
- Teen and adolescent rehab – Helps teenagers and their families through the difficult circumstances that accompany a young person who has become addicted to drugs or alcohol.